Databases by Subjects
Use these databases to find articles in magazines, journals, newspapers and reference books.
Need help? "Ask a Librarian!"
Anthropology and Cultures
- Africa: An Encyclopedia for Students
- Countries and Their Cultures
- Encyclopedia of Multicultural America
- Encyclopedia of Modern China
- International Encyclopedia of Marriage and Family
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life
Art and Architecture
- The Oxford Dictionary of Art and Artists
- A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture
- A Dictionary of Modern Design
- Saskia Art Image Collection
- More Oxford Sources
- CARLI Digital Collections
- Encylopedia of the American Constitution
- Gale Encyclopedia of Everyday Law
- The Oxford Guide to United States Supreme Court Decisions
- More Oxford Sources...
Use Journal Finder to search the title of a magazine or journal to see if full text of that resource is available in any of the library databases.
Don't use Journal Finder to search for articles. Use one of the databases in the columns to the left.
Off Campus Login
At home or in a coffee shop? No worries! You can still use these resources if you are a Parkland College student or employee.
Clicking links on this page may take you to a login page. Here's what to do:
Username = your Parkland email/my.parkland username
Password = Parkland email password, usually the last FIVE (5) digits of your Social Security Number
Parkland Faculty and Staff
Use your Parkland Novell login name and password. NOTE for some people this is not the same as your Groupwise login.
Please contact the library if you have difficulty accessing our resources.